Grand canals and gondolas. Top-notch pools and Italian-inspired architecture. World-class casino and all-suites resort. YES! We are talking about Venetian Las Vegas. This renowned casino has set itself apart since the very beginning. From the start, leaders planned to differentiate the Venetian from the status quo as being non-casino-centric, non-union, and more! In this interview, Dave Newton, Partner at Hospitality Resources and President at CDC Gaming Seminars, reflects on his time as VP of Human Resources during the opening of the Venetian Las Vegas and creating a casino business model from scratch. Craig Shacklett, URComped and TRIO360 CEO, also inquires about Hospitality Resources, the value of surveys in the hiring process, gaming webinars, and more! Listen to podcast version.
Topics discussed include:
- Venetian opening and differentiation
- How do casinos decide what roles to hire and when?
- Casino Business Model creation
- Sheldon Adelson
- Venetian’s hiring process and culture
- Hospitality Resources
- Hiring Assessments and Surveys
- Value of College Degree changing
- Gaming seminars and webinars
- Slot performance analysis course
- What makes a good, engaging webinar